RFID technology: Service Quality Management in real-time
Radio frequency identification or RFID is a simple but a multi-faceted technology which uses encrypted data with the aid of electromagnetic fields. This technology is ideal when needing to collect data quantities and for the transfer of extensive data records. Another method to use this technology is the tracking of individual items. This is done to control service quality measurement topics such as completeness or timeliness. The flexibility and usability of RFID technology allows for devices to be easily monitored for complex process chains.
Improve transparency of individual processes or process chains and track movements of goods and objects in real time
By using the EN standards for postal administrators in Europe, Spectos is an expert in the use of this technology through its applications for numerous clients. Due to its small size, the technology can be easily expanded into use for other industries, for example for inventory management in the healthcare sector. With the easy to mount RFID gate readers, the data of different items (test mail items, healthcare equipment etc.) can be recorded at different points of their use. The simple but innovative technology helps organizations in understanding their processes in real-time. This in the long-term can create time and cost efficiencies.
Your advantages using RFID Technology
- Measurement of individual process steps
- Small, flexible and suitable for all types of logistics processes
- Verification of timeliness and completeness
- Agile and efficient collection of large data records
- Products and items can be tracked across multiple points
- Data transfer is quick and efficiently uploaded to Spectos’ RTPM Suite
- RFID tags are discreet and integrated into items
- Distinction over Live Trackers is that items can be measured at predetermined points
RFID technology offers higher service quality levels through consistent process controls
Spectos RFID software allows for perfect integration into any of your organization’s processes. This provides important KPIs for individual quality criteria. In this way, you can identify negative trends at an early stage and take immediate action. The data is automatically transmitted in real time to the user cockpit of your RTPMTM Suite. Here you have access to detailed reports, with which you can continuously optimize your processes. Individual alerts via push notifications with App & E-Mail inform you immediately about important events.
In addition to a lower number of manual processes, the technology also saves time and money. Optimize your processes on the basis of new insights and gain more time for your daily business. Our experienced experts will develop a tailor-made solution that combines all the advantages of RFID technology for your individual needs.
Technical Overview of RFID technology
- High read rates for all types of settings
- Low read errors since tags are resistant to soiling and wear
- Contactless, robustness and compactness offer low operational costs
- Daily generation of data for every measurement point
- Data transmission via mobile data network; SMS used as a failsafe
- Adaptable interface for all RFID data and SMS gateways via RTPM suite
- Simultaneous detection of multiple tags
- Customized to have additional information stored
- Information is interchangeable, even during running processes