RFID solutions for Postal & Logistics by Spectos
‘RFID ensures that the right goods are available in the right place with no discrepancies and zero errors.’
RFID solutions by Spectos offer a Complete and Reliable way to Track Your Shipments
Innovative RFID technology can help you better understand how mail items and goods move by tracking their paths along the logistical chain in real-time. Due to the small size of each chip and the flexibility of RFID gates, data can be collected from a number of products and locations. Benefit from this technology by being able to track shipments from afar and also measuring supplier quality.
Benefits of RFID
- Measurements of individual process steps
- Real-time data collection at predefined transfer points
- Small, flexible and suitable for all types of logistics products
RFID Technology that is Reliable, Flexible and in Real-Time
RFID technology has become a standard in measurements for quality for the post and logistics industry. Tags are read automatically and without requiring visual contact, thus eliminating the need for expensive scans such as barcodes.
RFID solutions by Spectos help to manage all mail items and link them using a unique ID. Accurate statistics on the whereabouts on any test letter item or test packages let the client receive real-time input. The data gathered from the RFID tags give a postal provider a clear and transparent overview of the current stock levels for any respective location. Forecasting for needed containers, trolleys or pallets can be all deduced by the information that is provided by the RFID tags.
Easy to use and with little maintenance, RFID gate readers are placed in distribution centers. They are read by antennas at the various process points from the sorting center to the mailbox of the recipient. Data is collected in real-time and is available in the cloud platform for immediate process control.
Accurate statistics on the whereabouts of any test letter item or test packages lets the client receive real-time input via cockpits. Furthermore, daily, weekly or monthly reports can be created according to client standards or norms and are presented via dashboards and cockpits of the Spectos Real-Time Performance Management suite.
RFID Technology Facts
- Contactless and sightless capture of ID tag
- Tag creates an event at each measurement point (Gate ID + Tag ID + Timestamp)
- Data transmission via mobile data network and SMS as fallback
- RTPM with interface for RFID data and SMS gateway
- Central, in Cloud/ Data Warehouse
- Raw data is acquired after validation in SpectosLab and assigned to the test broadcast record
- Determination of the measuring point based on gate ID and process role of the gate (input, output)
Key features of RFID include the control of transport and logistics quality and monitoring of sorting centers in real-time. At the regional level, a client can receive alerts for logistics and delivery via email & app.