Spectos is a global network of experts with specific expertise and experience in the international Courier-, Express- and Postal-Market (CEP Market), Direct Spectos GmbH is a medium-sized, privately owned limited company (GmbH, Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung), founded in November 2001 in Dresden, Germany. Since then, its international presence has grown significantly, with additional branches in Europe, North America and Asia.
For over 10 years now, we’ve been helping large organizations manage, analyze and control important customer and operational data.
We are interested in making information tangible for everyone, bridging the gap between actions and insight, allowing for improvement and growth to occur on a daily basis.
For the further development of our existing systems and the conception of new solutions, we’re looking with immediate effect for an experienced
Senior Software Engineer Hanoi/Dresden (f/m)
As a Senior Engineer at Spectos, you will be working in a SCRUM team and will be primarily responsible for the architecture of and interfaces in our SaaS applications. Your work in doing so will include realistically evaluating the complexity of new challenges and giving solid recommendations for best possible integration with regard to the nature of our current infrastructure and to new technologies and other possibilities.
This job is for someone looking for an unique & international career opportunity. As a Senior Software Engineer at Spectos, you will work together with the development team at our office in Hanoi as well as with the entire team at our headquarters in Dresden to further develop, scale, and maintain our product, Feedbackstr.
Your Specific Tasks as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Conception and preparation of new user stories for sprints
- Detailed planning (creation of sub-tickets) of the implementation of new stories & subsequent presentation to development teams
- Code reviews – ensure code quality and compliance with all standards
- Process documentation with JIRA
- Application deploy with Jenkins
- Expansion & creation of interfaces (REST) for our own & others’ systems
What we’re looking for in a Senior Software Engineer:
You’re not only posses expert programming skills and have work experience in agile work environments, but also know the keywords listed below like the back of your hand. Moreover, you have experience working with current development concepts and trends for web-based applications and technologies.
You also enjoy working in teams and are able to communicate & present your knowledge and solutions to other developers (usually in English). You should also be able/want to travel, as you will be spending time in both Germany & Vietnam for this position.
- PHP-MVC Framworks (CakePHP), PHP5 OOP
- Web-based portal solutions & SaaS applications
- Database systems: MySQL & NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ)
- Data workflow tools: RabbitMQ, Memcache, Server-Side Polling, Ajax, REST interfaces
- Developer tools: Git, Jenkins, Vagrant
- Command of Linux (desirable)
What we offer:
Modern office spaces in the middle of Dresden and Hanoi, weekly team brunches and fun after work parties, as well as long stays abroad to work with our core developer team in Hanoi, Vietnam.
We work according to agile principles in defined project teams and offer each of our employees the opportunity to idependently organize their tasks and workday during sprints.